Saturday, January 30, 2016

Considering Genre

What genre am I going to use for Project 1?

I am committing to using the Quick Reference Guide as my genre for the controversy post-mortem. I am using the guide for this project because it is such a science-based topic, and therefore is going to be difficult to explain. With the QRG, I will be able to break down the parts of the controversy into small chunks to make it easier to understand.

What conventions will I be using and how?

I am aiming to acknowledge most, if not all, of the conventions for the quick reference guide, including but not limited to: subheadings, a title, images, links with citations, white space, question and answer format, and a brief introduction.

To accomplish the purpose of this project, I plan to break down the concepts and ideas into brief, easily-understandable and easily-readable sections. I plan to use external links to assist in my explanations and to provide more varied perspectives, and images to portray things not easily said.

How am I feeling about Project 1?

I am feeling much better about Project 1 after I have begun researching. I was initially considering doing the video essay for the first project, but I am happy to have found that the QRG will fit my topic better. I am also very excited to endeavor deeper into the world of science and to research a topic that I know almost nothing about.

I anticipate time management to be a huge issue for me next week, as I have had one hell of a time getting my assignments done this week. I will need to plan my time better, and space out the work over more than one or two days.

1 comment:

  1. Just needs a cited image to follow the conventions for a blog post. :)

    ReplyDelete