Thursday, February 4, 2016

Analysis of My Rhetorical Situation

Tengrrl. "Digital Rhetoric". 2/3/2016 vis Flickr. Attribution-ShareAlike 2.0.

Now that I've picked my topic, I am able to analyze my rhetorical situation.

Audience? 

Because the audience of my project will be those who would be interested in the controversy itself, it is likely that those who are interested in biology, microorganisms, or the possibility of extraterrestrial life will be interested in this project. Readers who enjoy publications from NASA,  Journals of Molecular Biology, BioEssays, Science, or any other science journal will also be interested. 

Demographically speaking, those who are more educated are more likely to care about the bacterium controversy. There are no other foreseeable demographic effects. 

People who value science, knowledge, or biology are likely to enjoy the topic. It is possible that these people do not enjoy uselessly using their technology, but would prefer to spend their time on the internet learning about new scientific developments. 

Purpose?

For myself, I want to learn something I don't know about biology. For my audience, I want to spark an interest in science. I want them to feel that science is important and relevant in coming up with new technologies and fascinating discoveries. 

Overall, I do not want to miss any details in explaining the relevance of the study and its errors to today's technology. I want to make sure that the audience understands the bias the key stakeholders had in the study, and the controversy surrounding it. The audience should understand the effect of the geographical location and time period of the controversy on the procedures carried out and actions taken by those involved.

Author?

I have recently experienced an epiphany in my life regarding the way I view learning and schoolwork. First, I now see the correlation between putting effort in to all aspects of my studies and the knowledge I gain from the course. In addition to understanding the concept, I have learned to appreciate working hard for the purpose of gaining knowledge. Because of this, I am excruciatingly excited and motivated to work on a project in which I am interested. 



No comments:

Post a Comment