Sunday, February 21, 2016

Brutally Honest Self-Assessment

ClkerFreeVectorImages. "Question and answer quiz icon". 2/21/16 via Pixabay. Public Domain. 
Overall, I am entirely not sure how I should feel about my draft. Sometime I feel like I have put forth the time and effort into creating a fluent and interesting QRG, but other times I have no idea if I have attained all the goals in producing this project.

I think one of my biggest weaknesses is the subheadings I chose to use and the order in which I put them. To expound, I am not sure if the headings were selected well enough for me to be able to cover everything that needs to be covered without overlapping in multiple sections. In addition, it is important that the headings are in an order that makes sense to an audience with no prior knowledge on the subject being introduced. I hope that the order of the headings flow and that they make the controversy easier for readers to understand.

The strengths of my project mostly relate to the diction and other grammatical elements. For example, the vocabulary and sentence structure used is diverse, informative and interesting. Furthermore, my use of images to aid in the complete understanding of the stakeholders, setting and background of the controversy is a strength of my project as well.

The time management aspect of this course is definitely going to be one of the hardest things for me to battle with throughout the semester. I certainly work better under pressure, and therefore nearly always wait until the last minute to do everything. This course has proven to be no different thus far. Though this does not seem like the best tactic, it has worked for me in the past and helped me improve my writing and sharpen critical thinking skills. In all honesty, the project itself was not the hassle in terms of managing my time. The blog posts will require more work spread out throughout the week if I want to refrain from pulling my hair out every weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment