Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Variety

Sentence Structure

In general, the majority of my sentences tend to be compound-complex. I shy away from simple sentences, and add in compound and complex sentences in between those that are more dense. The Rules for Writers reading informed me about the phenomena that are inverted sentences. Since I had never heard the term used before, I was able to further separate the different types of sentence structure I used in my draft.

Paragraph Structure

I have employed the use of a variety of opening and transitional phases which give my paragraphs more flavorful beginnings. Additionally, the lengths of my paragraphs and the number of paragraphs per subheading are also different, which also assists in the paragraph variety.

Vocabulary

I try to use a variety of vocabulary in all the language that I produce. I believe this diversity can be seen in my draft. My biggest strength in vocabulary usage is my background in English courses that have been vocabulary heavy. My biggest weakness is my laziness, and therefore, my lack of intentions to look at a thesaurus to further elevate my word choice.

Kecia85. "Dictionary-007". 2/21/16 via Flickr. Attribution Share-Alike 2.0 Generic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment