Sunday, March 27, 2016

Peer Review for Fernando

In this post, I discuss my review of Fernando Coronado's standard college essay, titled "Writing as an Engineer". Here is a link to the essay. 

My Peer Review

I chose to evaluate Fernando's essay paying special attention to content. This meant looking closely at  his responses to the questions being asked and proper citations and credibility. 

In addition to leaving a comment on the open post to peer reviewers, I left comments regarding mechanics and flow on the essay itself. Both of these I hope will help Fernando with the fine details of the editing process, and with overall flow of his essay. Additionally, I hope that the evaluation of the content helps him to incorporate important pieces of evidence into his project. 

Course Incorporation

In my feedback, I was sure to include issues and important points brought up in class. For example, the importance of references and citations, for example the utilization of the interviews, has been brought up in class many times. Subsequently, we have talked a lot about the conventions of a standard college essay, so I was sure to highlight those in my comment as well.

Admiration

I admire Fernando's analysis of the two separate genres. He first explains them separately, and then compares them to close the essay and connect the commonalities in engineers' writings. Additionally, he closely examines and presents the rhetorical strategies necessary and prevalent in engineering related genres.

No comments:

Post a Comment