Sunday, March 13, 2016

Production Report 1

This post examines my production of project 2 by observing content from my outline and its translation into my rough podcast segment.

Audience Questions

I used form to present the information for my podcast by utilizing the interviews as part of my project, and by synthesizing all of the information I gathered and arranging it into sections ordered by levels of importance and depth into the topic.

Because a podcast is entirely audio, I was able to include the interviews themselves in my project. If my chosen genre's conventions did not include audio representations, my draft would look significantly different.

In terms of production, I found that the content outline helped the process tremendously. Additionally, I found that creating a script to read from worked wonders to help the flow of the podcast and to speed along the recording process.

Additionally, during production of the rough cut I rearranged the order of the sections within my project. The body section mentioned here is heard as the third and final body section in my draft.

Outline Item

The following has been copied and pasted directly from the first body section of my content outline.

a.     analyze Ali’s article to show the use of rhetoric in scientific writings 
b.     evidence 1: the use of logos (statistics, methods section, data, leaves out fluff words)
i.       proves that the audience is a science-based community
ii.     is important because it shows that authors of scientific texts are aware of the rhetorical situation surrounding their works, even if subconcioiusly
c.      evidence 2: the use of figures to illustrate the findings of the study
i.       put in the very beginning of the paper, the figures prove that the inclination of the intended audience is to want to see factual information displayed in the most convenient manner possible
ii.     important because the author is aware of the audience and the best way to engage the readers’ interest

Adaptation of Outline Item

The following was copied directly from the script of my podcast; the audio for this section can be heard from 1 minute 40 seconds to 2 minutes and 6 seconds.

Bramson’s first published article discusses the discovery of a Texas- and a California-sized sheet of ice found under the surface of Mars. The article begins with upwards of ten colorful photos and largely detailed graphs that depict the findings of the study in a visual manner.
By using figures, Bramson and her team are consciously appealing to the audience’s inclination to desire factual information to be displayed in the most convenient manner possible.
Lastly, the article exhibits Bramson’s acknowledgement of conventions necessary in scientific articles. This is seen in the article by the lack of emotion or direct attachment to the work from the authors, and the sole utilization of logical appeals within the text.
The use of information, presented neatly with statistics, data, figures, graphs, and references to similar studies and scientific findings exemplifies logos to an extent unparalleled in other genres explored.




No comments:

Post a Comment