Sunday, March 13, 2016

Reflection on Project 2 Podcast Production

This post reflects upon this week's production of my podcast for project two's rhetorical analysis.

Successes

As previously mentioned in my production reports, writing a script for the podcast was one of the better decisions I have made. The script allowed me to focus less on organization and word order and more on portraying my voice as an author in my podcast.

Challenges

This week I was challenged by synthesizing all of the information presented to me in my interviews and coming up with a few relevant clips. I was not expecting the selection of information from the interviews to require so much thought and time.

Additionally, dealing with a limited amount of genre examples made it difficult to include three to represent in my project.

Predictions

Based on this week, I feel that next week will be relatively smooth sailing. The only foreseeable roadblock is the addition of interview excerpts in my project. Luckily, I have begun to revisit the interviews and I simply need to fine tune and edit the clips before insertion. Other than that, I do not see any complications or commitments that require my attention in order to complete the project.

Overall

Overall, I feel like this project was easier to compile than project 1. I believe that this is because the interviews provided me with nearly 100% of the information I required to provide an in depth analysis of genres present in fields of science.

Additionally, I feel as though my interpretation and synthesis of this podcast better follow the project requirements than did my QRG for project 1. Because of that, I feel better overall about this project.

No comments:

Post a Comment