Sunday, March 13, 2016

Production Report 2

The following explores the evolution of my opening section from the content outline to the rough cut of my podcast segment.

Audience Questions

To present the content detailed in the opening section of the outline, I utilized the introduction section of a podcast segment to introduce myself, the theme of the project and to engage audience interest. The conventions of a podcast segment, namely the solely audio aspect, allow me to use music and sounds to keep the audience entertained.

The production of this material was greatly aided by the content outline and the script I wrote. Unfortunately, I still need to add sound effects to my rough cut. I have decided to make this a part of post production week and take advantage of the time allowed by Spring Break.

During the production process, I realized how time consuming creating a podcast with sound effects and interviews can be, and how helpful the use of written scripts is in recording lengthy audio clips.

Outline Item

The following has been copied and pasted directly from the introduction section of my content outline.

a.     Sound affect/theme song to engage listeners
i. create and utilize a catchy name for the podcast 
b.     Introduce myself and “guest speakers”
i.      use appropriate titles and introduce fields of study
c.      give thesis of project
d.     subject matters because it is relevant to many college students, namely those in science-based fields, gives the appropriate audience an idea of what to expect in the future in terms of writing and being aware of rhetorical situations and strategies

Adaptation of Outline Item

The following has been copied and pasted from my written script. Audio for this section can be heard from 0 seconds to 23 seconds in the rough cut of my podcast segment.

Welcome to A-OK Afternoons with Avalon, your favorite podcast for every A-OK afternoon. In this episode, I will be conducting a rhetorical analysis on the writings and efforts of professionals in science-based fields.
Assisting me in explaining the rhetorical situations and strategies are Dr. Jerzy Rozenblit, a Professor of Surgery and Electrical and Computer Engineering and a University Distinguished Professor at the University of Arizona, and UofA graduate student and planetary scientist Ali Bramson.
Anyone interested in getting a career in science, listen up! Scientific articles, presentations and emails to coworkers, employers and even friends and family are extremely common, and are likely to appear in most science-based fields. This episode serves to clear up questions regarding the rhetoric prevalent in the science world.

No comments:

Post a Comment