Sunday, April 10, 2016

Peer Review for Jake Gyles

This post highlights the peer review I did for Jake Gyles' production report.

Audience Questions

Jake Gyles of section 4 produced a standard college essay, of which I examined the adaptations of his conclusion paragraph from his content outline to his rough cut of the project. I elected to look at how convincing the argument was from the conclusion, and how effective his final statements are at accomplishing the purpose of project three.

Honestly, his adaptation was pretty darn good (and concise) so I was unable to offer mechanical suggestions, but I was able to reassure him that his work is coming along nicely, and I hope that that helps him going into post-production week.

In my comment, I mentioned the call to action he leaves as his final sentence. This piece serves as an imperative part of an argumentative essay as it answers the question of the author's purpose in composing the text.

I admire Jake's utilization of a detailed content outline, and his lack of just sticking to lazy bullet pointed lists for his outline like most of us. I admire his intensity during pre-production week and I know I can benefit from taking up similar practices.

No comments:

Post a Comment