Sunday, April 10, 2016

Peer Review for Alex McCarthy

This post highlights my peer review on Alex McCarthy's production week progress. Here is a link to the production report I reviewed.

Audience Questions

For this post, I reviewed Alex McCarthy's adaptation of the opening section from the content outline to the rough cut of the QRG. I chose to look at the conventions being utilized and those that are not present in the draft. I suggested that Alex incorporate hyperlinks that allow readers to obtain additional information if they want, and to also increase author credibility by referencing external sources.

I hope that this feedback helps Alex in post-production in terms of following conventions and keeping readers' interests throughout the entire QRG. The use of hyperlinks was originally introduced to us in blog posts, so that is where I drew my suggestion from.

I admire the creativity that was obviously required to produce such an elaborate opening section. There are colorful fonts, photos and formatting styles utilized and I'm sure that my QRG could have been improved significantly if I put in the creative thinking that is required to produce an effective quick reference guide.

No comments:

Post a Comment